Help break the cycle of poverty
ADRA Rwanda has been working for more than 40 years to ensure the food security of families and communities in the country. Our model aims to increase production and productivity through organizing commodity production and marketing groups to ensure access, availability, utilization, and sustainability. ADRA Rwanda works with cooperatives and supports their organization through capacity building.
The Government of Rwanda and donors recognize ADRA Rwanda as a flexible and leading actor in promoting viable agriculture practices, value addition and marketing linkage in the cooperative’s community base group, and more recently programming for private public investment model.
Food Security Objectives
- Increase food and nutrition security and livelihood for target population in Rwanda.
- Prevent chronic malnutrition and management of all forms of malnutrition.
- Increase crop and livestock productivity of target households.
- Increase the market driven agriculture production (value chain, value addition).
- Increase access to credit and savings (VSLA, SACCOS)
In 2018, 102,745 more beneficiaries have been reached in our Food Security and Livelihood sector
Completed projects under Food Security sector